Kebetkache Women Development & Resource Centre is a community action, education and advocacy non-governmental organization working on development and social justice issues as they affect women and children in Nigeria and around the world.
Kebetkache envisions a society where women's rights are recognized and respected. The mission of the organization is to promote and protect women rights as well as develop thier leadership potentials.
Kebetkache works in four overlapping thematic areas which are:
- Women's Human Rights
- Democracy and Governance
- Conflict Management and Peace-Building
The specific objectives of the Kebetkache are:
- To create awareness about women;s human rights
- To facilitate women's role in conf;lict mangement and peacebuilding
- To promote democratic principles as well as social justice
- To ensure adequate knowledge on women and environment
News / 19 May 2020
Communities in the Niger Delta have been affected by air and water pollution due to Shell's activities for decades. This year, at Royal Dutch Shell's annual meeting, Kebetkache Women's Resource and Development Centre held Shell accountable for the consequences of their activities. Clean-up of oil spillages and ending gas flaring is becoming even more urgent in the fight against COVID-19, in which clean water is crucial to prevent the spread of the virus.