IT Support Officer (32 hours)
Both ENDS is looking for a knowledge thirsty IT Support Officer for 32 hours per week. We are an organisation that is working towards a sustainable, fair and inclusive world, together with environmental and human rights organisations worldwide.
As our IT Support Officer you are our go-to person for all matters concerning IT. You make sure all incidents, questions, requests and malfunctions are correctly and timely dealt with and registered. You do this by either solving the problems yourself or by forwarding them to an external partner. Because of your (technical) background/insight and because you know how to ask the right questions you are able to quickly come to a solution. You offer technical support for our HR and Office Support department with on- and off-boarding, setting up an internal wiki and assigning roles and permissions on our program management software.
Our organisation policy is to go open source wherever it is possible. If you are eager to learn and grow together with our IT department under principles of data ownership and digital security, then this is the position for you. A job in which you can and will learn a lot, therefore having a strong desire to learn and grow and having the right personality for the job, is more important to us than having a ton of experience.
You have some affinity with international cooperation, human rights and sustainable development, or you are interested in learning more about it. You understand and value the digital security for Both ENDS and for the hundreds of human rights defenders fighting for justice worldwide. You feel at home in an organisation that is passionate about global justice and looks at the world with a critical eye. You are able to reflect upon your own actions and are willing to actively participate in the open feedback culture of our horizontal organisation.
- Monitor and coordinate incidents in the support ticketing system
- Independently provide level 1 support and escalate critical level 2 support to our external technical partner
- Provide technical support with new projects
- Provide on and off boarding support for colleagues in our IT system
- Design and provide IT training with an emphasis on digital security
- Generate material for self-learning and supervise that the Both ENDS wiki is up to date
- Pluriform level 1 support, i.e. assigning roles, permissions, basic administration and escalate critical support to an external partner
- Provide support for the implementation of the GDPR
- You have a background in IT at MBO/HBO level
- You have at least one year working experience in a similar position and you have experience in working with a support ticketing system
- You are a structured person, solution oriented and have a high sense of responsibility
- You can work independently, you are a team player, communicative and proactive
- You have a good command of both English and Dutch
- You are flexible, patient and can perform under pressure
- Having knowledge of Open Source Software is a strong advantage, specifically Linux (mint), Zimbra, Libre Office, Nextcloud and Wikijs.
- You have experience in providing digital security training or are wiling to learn
- You have some knowledge of CRM systems (Pluriform) and Relational thinking and relational reasoning or are willing to learn
- You have a basic knowledge of the GDPR and are willing to learn more about it
Both ENDS offers
- An exciting and diverse position in an informal, international organisation located in Utrecht. (For now, due to Covid regulations we are working from home).
- A contract for at least 9 months for 32 hours per week with possible extension
- A starting salary between € 2435 en € 2790 gross, based on full time (38 hours), depending on education and experience
- Good benefits, like a contribution free pension (i.e. we pay your contribution)
- Career counseling
How to apply
Send in your application before 9 May 2021 (CV and cover letter in one PDF-document), addressed to Anneroos Goudsmit at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews and references will be asked for.
About Both ENDS
Together with environmental justice groups all over the world, Both ENDS works towards a sustainable, fair and inclusive world. We gather and share information about policy and investments that have a direct impact on people and their livelihood, we engage in joint advocacy, we stimulate the dialogue between stakeholders and we promote and support sustainable local alternatives.
Both ENDS is a professional, internationally operating organisation with a staff of 40, financed by governmental and non-governmental organisations.
Visit www.bothends.org for more information.
We appreciate different backgrounds and cultures and we would like to see this reflected in our organisation. Candidates with backgrounds that are currently under-represented in our team are strongly invited to apply.
We work together with ECHO, the Expertise Center for Diversity policy.
Your personal information shall be deleted within four weeks after the application deadline.