Consultancy: Smart Fundraising for Inclusive Land Governance
We are currently looking for an experienced consultant to identify opportunities and / or donors for Both ENDS' Inclusive Land Governance goals.
About Inclusive Land Governance
Land governance is a cross-cutting issue that has always been central to much of the work we and our partners do. For that reason, Both ENDS has committed to improve the way we work with our CSO partners and networks on land governance issues and to mobilise more resources for both inclusive land governance ('ILG') initiatives and empowering a wide and diverse network of civil society organisations from Asia, Africa and Latin America united in their ambition for inclusive land governance.
Both ENDS looking for an experienced consultant to identify opportunities and / or donors for Both ENDS' ILG goals, and to provide advice and a roadmap for Both ENDS and Both ENDS' global CSO network regarding those funding opportunities / donors (with a possible follow-on assignment to help us implement the roadmap).
Budget and timeline
The maximum budget available for this assignment is €20,000.
We aim for an immediate start of this assignment after contracting, and expect the consultant to finalise the assignment within a period of six months from commencement. We ask interested candidates to propose a feasible timeline and budget for this six-month assignment in their Expression of Interest.
Profile of the consultant
We welcome proposals that include one or more consultants (please specify in the Expression of Interest the proposed division of labour).
The ideal consultant(s) for this assignment has/have the following profile:
- Strategic and creative thinker in search for funding and collaboration possibilities;
- Good knowledge of and/or experience in donor networks;
- Working experience in and knowledge of the donor landscape;
- Demonstrated track record in fundraising and acquisition, preferably related to the governance of natural resources, forests, water, or land;
- Preferably experience working with or for civil society organisations on inclusive land governance issues;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Preferably experience in facilitating meaningful and strategic conversations;
- Ability to formulate analysis and results into practical and actionable recommendations;
- Ability to deliver high quality, attractive and concise outputs in a timely manner.
Requirements for the Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest for this assignment should contain:
- A short motivation letter;
- A proposed Work Plan including: approach, description of planned activities, outputs and outcomes, and a timeline;
- A detailed budget indicating the activities, number of days and rates per day; and
- A CV (of all applicants) including references (preferably relevant to fundraising/donorexperience).
11.59pm on 31 October 2020.
If you wish to apply, please email your complete Expression of Interest to Michael Rice (M.Rice@bothends.org) and StefanSchüller(S.Schuller@bothends.org) under the subject 'Expression of Interest: Inclusive Land Governance'.
Should you have any questions or need more information in preparing your Expression of Interest, please do not hesitate to contact Michael Rice and StefanSchüller.